making SCO Xenix answer the phone

Michael R. Johnston mikej at cpmain.UUCP
Thu Dec 15 07:22:04 AEST 1988

In article <AXc5o4y00ZJBE1jVdf at andrew.cmu.edu> jl42+ at andrew.cmu.edu (Jay Mathew Libove) writes:
>I have a cron script do "enable tty1a" at 1am and "disable tty1a" at
>4am, as I want the machine to answer the phone between 1am and 4am
>only, but it doesn't pick up the phone when it rings. I've tried
Generally speaking if you cable is wired correctly simply program the modem
with :
AT&D3&W

This will force the modem to perform a software reset on loss of DTR. I have
had the same problems with Hayes compatibles before and this seemed to do the
trick.

                Michael R. Johnston - @NET: mikej at cpmain.uucp
...{cmcl2!phri!,uunet!}dasys1!cpmain!mikej || ...philabs!mergvax!cpmain!mikej