crypt

Chip Rosenthal chip at vector.UUCP
Thu Dec 15 05:21:07 AEST 1988

In article <509 at acadch.UUCP> rudolf at curano.UUCP (Rudolf Kuenzli) writes:
>What I never will understand is the fact that DES has been described officially
>and everybody in this world may obtain a copy of it.

The issue here isn't reason or logic, it is government bureaucracy.  DES is
a controlled item for export.  Therefore your choice is either fight the
bureaucracy or don't.  Unbundling crypt allows SCO to take the second route.
--
Chip Rosenthal     chip at vector.UUCP    |      Choke me in the shallow water
Dallas Semiconductor   214-450-5337    |         before I get too deep.