crypt

The Beach Bum jfh at rpp386.Dallas.TX.US
Sat Dec 3 05:59:26 AEST 1988

In article <83 at genat.UUCP> george at genat.UUCP (George Gorsline) writes:
>Whether Canada is an un-friendly country or the question of
>extra-territoritality is not at issue.  There are PD crypts available;
>whether they meet the US requirements is not known.

The crypt program in the archives is a DES-based three rotor German
enigma.  It is exportable as the code was, as I recall, written by a
Frenchman.  It is not compatible with the crypt from System V - if you
convert the code you will have to have all of your users re-crypt their
files.
--
John F. Haugh II                        +-Cat of the Week:--------------_   /|-
VoiceNet: (214) 250-3311   Data: -6272  |Aren't you absolutely sick and \'o.O'