crypt

Michael Brookbank mike at mks.UUCP
Thu Dec 1 02:41:55 AEST 1988

> >I've just started writing an application in which I need crypt (the password
> >encryption function), but much to my surprise I've discovered that it's not
> >there (Xenix 2.2.3).  It is in the lint library (/usr/lib/llibc), but it's
> >not in any of the object libraries (/lib/[LMS]libc.a).  Does anyone know why
> >SCO left this one out?

I think SCO doesn't ship CRYPT automatically because it is illegal for
an American company to ship CRYPT out of the US for security reasons.
Rather than have separate inventory they deliver only on request.

If it is any easier my firm, MKS Inc., has a product called MKS Trilogy
which includes CRYPT, AWK and the Korn Shell designed to run on SCO
XENIX 286 & 386, Microport, and 386ix.

--
     Mike Brookbank                          Phone: (519)884-2251
Mortice Kern Systems Inc.               UUCP: uunet!watmath!mks!mike