Upgrading Xenix -- Is there any hope?

Dan Chaney chaney at ms.uky.edu
Fri Dec 30 22:07:14 AEST 1988

Hello all.

   I recently stumbled across a set of IBM Personal Computer Xenix.  The
manuals (all 7) say First Edition (December 1984).  I decided to throw it
on a 12 Mhz 286 clone and, with some help from a guru, it works...as well
as it can, I guess.

  My question is : Are there 'upgrade' kits that would bring this version
out of the stone ages?  Do I get a prize for finding a relic maybe? Also,
a history, as I am wholly unfamilar with the past of Xenix, would be a big
plus.

  If you have any questions, sage advice or just ohh-ahhs over an antique,
e-mail away.  In fact, you might want to try ...ukma!dans!dan .. and make
that xenix work for *you* (IBM Xenix...and I thought it was a contradiction!)

Thanks for any info, help, etc....

	dan

--
Dan Chaney