Elm bug

Chip Rosenthal chip at vector.UUCP
Sat Dec 31 11:47:36 AEST 1988

In article <433 at marob.MASA.COM> daveh at marob.masa.com (Dave Hammond) writes:
>In article <369 at ispi.UUCP> jbayer at ispi.UUCP (Jonathan Bayer) writes:
>>the SCO configure utility which requires that the node name be either 0
>>characters long or >4 characters long
>Thanks for confirming why Configure fails when I try to install "cmx1"
>as a client machine's node name!

Appendix D of O'Reilly's "Managing UUCP and Usenet" is a program which
patches the node name into the uname structure of a running kernal.  The
idea is that you run "sysname foo" in /etc/rc.  As written, it will not
work on XENIX, but the changes would probably be simple, e.g. change
"nlist()" to "xlist()", "/unix" to "/xenix", etc.  You might want to
check this out.
--
Chip Rosenthal     chip at vector.UUCP    |      Choke me in the shallow water
Dallas Semiconductor   214-450-5337    |         before I get too deep.