Word Processing software for 286 SCO Xenix

Stacy L. Millions stacy at mcl.UUCP
Sat Dec 24 02:27:17 AEST 1988

In article <2317 at cadovax.UUCP>, mitchell at cadovax.UUCP (Mitchell Lerner) writes:

> I have identified three Word Processors that might do the job:
>
> 1. Word Perfect for 286 Xenix

	This does not exist, Word Perfect is only available for the
	386. When I was talking to the people at WP the said they
	had no intentions of porting to the 286.

> 2. Microsoft Word for 286 Xenix
> 3. SCO Lyrix

> Is there a word processor that I haven't yet considered that I ought to?
	Lots of them, Fenix is a low cost Word Star look alike that works
reasonable well on the 286.

> Does anybody out there know the best prices for MS Word or Word Perfect???

The suggested list (not best price)
Word Perfect (386)     -	995
SCO Lyrix (286)        -	595
MS Word (286) from SCO -	595

Hope this helps.

-stacy

--
"He to whom the early bird runs best learns wisdom and patience!
                          ... I can never remember proverbs" - Charlie Brown