Erratum 21 (Was: Re: SCO Xenix System Hang)

Ed Braaten ed at imuse.uucp
Sat Dec 31 20:25:58 AEST 1988

In article <7067 at ki4pv.uucp>, tanner at ki4pv.uucp (Dr. T. Andrews) writes:
> I suppose that they could refuse in the same way that they refused to
> replace the parts which didn't work in "native" mode.  If they refuse
> to replace an alleged "32-bit" CPU which doesn't work in 32-bit mode,
> surely they can refuse to replace for something minor like this!

Could you please clarify?  Are you referring to the 32-bit multiply
bug in older 80386's?  Who refused you a replacement?

Ed Braaten                    | "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
Intel Semiconductor GmbH      |  the intelligence of the intelligent I
Dornacher Strasse 1           |  will frustrate."  1 Corinthians 1:19
8016 Feldkirchen bei Muenchen |
West Germany                  | uucp: ed at imuse.uucp  Ph: +49 89 90992-426