Trouble with uucp/cu/dialing sharing a phone line

Jonathan Bayer jbayer at ispi.UUCP
Fri Dec 30 01:43:11 AEST 1988

In article <2315 at spdcc.SPDCC.COM>, dyer at spdcc.COM (Steve Dyer) writes:
= In article <368 at ispi.UUCP= jbayer at ispi.UUCP (Jonathan Bayer) writes:
= =Unless Sandy has been able to ignore a copyright, he can only distribute
= =the binaries of the init.  I had the same question which he answered a
= =while ago.
=
= I had always assumed Sandy's "init" was written from scratch, and source
= was available from him.  Anyway, I'm sure he'll clarify this.
=
= Jonathan's comments were unclear as to who claims the copyright on Sandy's
= init, and I may be stating the obvious, but just in case not, one cannot
= distribute binaries compiled from licensed AT&T UNIX source code without an
= appropriate "license to distribute binaries."  If the init is not AT&T
= derived (which is what I had thought), Sandy would be bound only by the
= agreement he had with the original author.

Sorry.  I should have said it.  Sandy said that it was AT&T source code.

--
Intelligent Software Products, Inc.	"The time has come," the Walrus said...