--- Moderation problems with comp.unix.microport ---

Greg Woods woods at hao.ucar.edu
Wed Feb 3 05:20:10 AEST 1988

In article <475 at wa3wbu.UUCP> john at wa3wbu.UUCP (John Gayman) writes:
>   There is a posting in comp.unix.questions that states there is a link
>down between us and the moderator. So its really not the moderators fault.

   True. It seems that the network configuration at U. Wisconsin, where
the moderator lives, has changed, but their map entries haven't. Thus
mail (moderated group postings) is going down the black hole. This
problem is being worked on.

>I think he's been doing a good job but despite that, I think we
>desperately need an un-moderated group. I understand John (the moderator)
>has issued a request to the back-bone to make the group un-moderated.

   If he has, I haven't heard it, and I'm on the backbone mailing list.
But then, if mail isn't going in to him, it might not be coming out
from him either.

>So our wishes are not going un-noticed. Keep your fingers crossed! :-)

   The problem certainly has been noticed, and it is being worked on.
I'm in contact with the postmaster at uwvax and I'm trying to find a path
to the moderator that will work. When I have one, we'll change the backbone
moderated group aliases appropriately and get comp.unix.microport back
on the air again.

--Greg