cp on 386 xenix problem

Skip Gilbrech skip at skipnyc.UUCP
Wed Feb 10 17:59:15 AEST 1988

In article <9464 at steinmetz.steinmetz.UUCP> davidsen at crdos1.UUCP
(bill davidsen) writes:
>| 	- do i need to play with the ulimit!
>	sure do. Default is about 2MB (and I wouldn't set it much higher
>unless you're *sure* you need to and won't get bitten.

Quoting from SCO Xenix Sys V 2.2.1 Release Notes pp 3.14, p. 27,
"The default ULIMIT has been raised for the XENIX System V Operating
System Release 2.2.  It is now 2,097,152 blocks (1 gigabyte)."

You can lower the limit with a ULIMIT=[512 byte blocks] statement in
/etc/default/login (it works -- I tried it..).
--
Skip Gilbrech                           UUCP: uunet!pwcmrd!skip
PaineWebber, NYC                              attmail!skipnyc!skip