--- Moderation problems with comp.unix.microport ---

David F. Carlson dave at micropen
Tue Feb 2 03:05:56 AEST 1988

In article <15112 at beta.UUCP>, myxm at beta.UUCP (Mike Mitchell) writes:
> Another vote for no moderation. I too have had postings bounce back to me.
> Mike Mitchell

Echoing the voices of others:  I have sent two long postings to the 386
Microport address and recieved no acknowledgement and never saw a posting
containing the material (which *had* to have been at least somewhat
interesting--at least enough to acknowledge its existence.)  Thus, either
a mailer spurned me (with no feedback) or the "moderator" is being
immoderate with his editing.  If the moderator(s) cannot keep timely postings
of collected material then they should resign and free-up the discussion.

Another point of note is the fact that ISC (and potentially others) can not
respond in an unmoderated forum for fear of "commercializing" the net.
Thus, moderating this news group may be the only way to get our vendors
involved in this potentially crucial feedback loop.

--
David F. Carlson, Micropen, Inc.
...!{ames|harvard|rutgers|topaz|...}!rochester!ur-valhalla!micropen!dave

"The faster I go, the behinder I get." --Lewis Carroll