Trouble with VP/ix on 386/ix - (nf)

Steve Manes manes at dasys1.UUCP
Thu Feb 4 19:15:42 AEST 1988

In article <18100001 at altger.UUCP> dirk at altger writes:
>2. A Micronics 386 board (tested to be 100 % Compaq compatiple) Phoenix BIOS
>	VP/ix starts, clears the screen and I can see the Phoenix BIOS
>	copyright. After this the system hangs.

I got my VP/ix today.  Without mincing words, it's an absolute disaster
on my MiniMicro 386, which has proven itself a very-compatible in other
departments.  Like you, the screen clears and I get the Phoenix prompt.
Then the machine hangs until I insert a DOS disk in the A: drive.

This may be just unfamiliarity with VP/ix but since it blows my terminals
apart I can't get much further.  It sends the prompt over to the right-hand
margin and then, at each RETURN, displays prompts one-row left per line.
It won't let me leave the DOS disk.  And when exiting VP/ix, I have to
reboot the machine to get my terminals back.

Oh well, it >is< a "Controlled Release" and I never figured that anyone
could get such a difficult emulator to work first time.
--
+-----
+ Steve Manes            Roxy Recorders, Inc.             NYC