VT100 termcap extras

Carsten Bormann cabo at tub.UUCP
Thu Feb 18 06:37:03 AEST 1988

In article <152 at mkunix.DEC.COM> tyager at mkunix.DEC.COM (Tom Yager) writes:
() I added the following entries the the standard SCO termcap entry for the
() VT100. I've tested them and checked DEC documentation to see if these
() features are also available for the real VT100: they are. Your terminal
() may require delay settings on some of these. Here's the new entries:
()
()    al=\E[L:dl=\E[M:dc=\E[P:im=\E[4h:ei=\E[4l:mi:

Nice to see that your Visual 603 supports these, but a Digital VT100
(you remember? the black-and-white thing controlled by a real 8080)
does NOT support any of these control sequences.  Better add a separate
entry for these capabilities and call it vt102 (the VT102 is the most
well-known DEC terminal that DOES support these sequences).

If you do the change as suggested, you will render your systems
unusable for owners of real VT100s (or of real VT100 emulators).
I'd really like to see the DEC documentation you cite (definitely not
the documentation for the old 1978 vintage VT100).

Greetings, Carsten
--
Communications and Operating Systems Research Group
Technical University of Berlin (West, of course...)