About time for 386 group? (was: a reply to ISC on 'clarifications')

Pim Little jpl at edison.GE.COM
Wed Feb 3 23:54:14 AEST 1988

In article <9382 at steinmetz.steinmetz.UUCP>, davidsen at steinmetz.steinmetz.UUCP (William E. Davidsen Jr) writes:
> Although there is now a 386ix newgroup (on some systems), the 80386
> mailing list continues. This list covers *all* 386 related topics,
> regardless of hardware or software being used.
> I find it interesting that I was unable to start a 386 newsgroup because
> there were not enough people interested in 386 topics, but there are
> enough people interested in one 386 operating system to justify a group.
> Isn't politics wonderful!
> --
> 	bill davidsen		(wedu at ge-crd.arpa)

The user base for the 386 machines has increased several folds during the
past 3-4 months. Isn't it about time we have a "386" newsgroup?  I don't
know how to go about the negotiation procedure to get one set up, so I
will just put in my pre-vote right here. May be Bill will try again...

			Pim Little   (jpl at edison.GE.COM)
			GE Fanuc, Charlottesville, Va.