need fix/workararound for yacc

Stu Heiss stu at jpusa1.UUCP
Thu Feb 4 03:59:27 AEST 1988

In trying to put together perl on xenix I've run into a yacc limit.
Xenix yacc (and yaccL) reserve 5000 bytes for state info, etc. and
perl.y needs about 6500 (as discovered by yacc'ing perl.y on a 68k
box with -v and examining y.output).  Does anybody know of a patch
to yacc to reserve more memory for state info?  Is there a pd yacc
that will run under xenix?  All that failing, is it possible to
break up a yacc source and run the pieces separately (this may
sound dumb but I'm no yacc expert), and if so, how?
--
Stu Heiss {spl1,gargoyle,ihnp4}!jpusa1!stu