need fix/workararound for yacc

John Rupley rupley at arizona.edu
Fri Feb 5 07:53:01 AEST 1988

In article <722 at jpusa1.UUCP>, stu at jpusa1.UUCP (Stu Heiss) writes:
> In trying to put together perl on xenix I've run into a yacc limit.
> Xenix yacc (and yaccL) reserve 5000 bytes for state info, etc. and
> perl.y needs about 6500 (as discovered by yacc'ing perl.y on a 68k
> box with -v and examining y.output).

To get the huge model, which is what you need, the only change to be
made in the yacc source is the addition of "#define HUGE" at the end
of "files".  Assuming you do not have the source, I would hope that
SCO would do this for you, considering, first, how easy it is to make
the change, and second, that they should have compiled with the HUGE
option in the first place.

John Rupley
    internet: rupley at megaron.arizona.edu
    uucp: ..{ihnp4 | hao!noao}!arizona!rupley
    Dept. Biochemistry, Univ. Arizona, Tucson  AZ  85721
    voice: (602)321-3929 (Office)   or   (602)325-4533 (Home)