--- Moderation problems with comp.unix.microport ---

Michael Grenier mike at cimcor.UUCP
Tue Feb 2 00:31:27 AEST 1988

To: rosevax!ems!dayton!rutgers!mit-eddie!necntc!linus!philabs!micomvax!zap!fortin
Subject: Re: --- Moderation problems with comp.unix.microport ---
Date: 1 Feb 88 08:25:01 CST (Mon)
From: mike at cimcor.UUCP (Michael Grenier)

> Greetings...
>
> 	A few weeks ago (maybe 2 months), the `comp.unix.microport' group
> was created for users of Microport products (System V/AT, System V/386,
> DosMerge, etc).  Since that time, traffic in the group has been abnormally
> low (16 messages overall) given the amount of uPort traffic that normally
> appeared in comp.unix.xenix.

I've been trying to get anything from comp.unix.microport for
about a month now. It seems that except for a few sites with
different news routing, none of the Minneapolis/St. Paul area
sites have gotten anything from comp.unix.microport. I haven't
determined yet whether the problem is in one of our main feeds or whether
its near the moderator end. We were getting it for a few weeks initially
so something has changed in the mail paths since then.

> 	As a quick fix, I suggest un-moderating the group for now
> so that uPort users can once again exchange information, and then if
> we find that the volume (or S/N ratio) in comp.unix.microport warrants
> it, we'll re-arrange for moderation.

I completly area with Denis on this one. I'm not sure why this group
is moderated in the first place unless someone was afraid of more
Microport Advertising :-).

---
    Michael Grenier		{rutgers, amdahl, ihnp4}!bungia!cimcor!mike
				612-464-7382