Xenix 2.2 Compiler error

Karl Denninger karl at ddsw1.UUCP
Mon Feb 15 12:24:03 AEST 1988

In article <4218 at june.cs.washington.edu> kevinr at uw-june.UUCP (Kevin Ross) writes:
>In article <515 at rel.eds.com> bob at rel.eds.com (Bob Leffler) writes:
>>When attempting to compile rn 4.3 the other day with the Xenix 286 2.2
>>compiler, I got the following error:
>>
>>rcln.c(50) : Compiler error (internal):Infinite spill
>
>I have been running into the same error. I called SCO, but got the standard
>put off, and a 'we will note the bug'.
>
>It seems to stem from the -LARGE compiler model. I was successful in compiling
>my program by NOT using it.

Well, if you don't need -LARGE that's ok ;-)
What happens when you have a 500k program?

>My guess is that the LARGE model compiler has a bug in the symbol table
>routines.

Try adding this to the compiler options:

	-Dregister=

(that's nothing following the '=')

We've seen this on the '386 system, and in every case so far putting in this
DEFINE cures the problem...

Strangely, I've only seen the program when there are 'register'
declarations....  Perhaps that is related.

-----
Karl Denninger		       |  Data: +1 312 566-8912
Macro Computer Solutions, Inc. | Voice: +1 312 566-8910
...ihnp4!ddsw1!karl	       | "Quality solutions for work or play"