Xenix 2.2 Compiler error

Andrew Beattie andrew at riddle.UUCP
Wed Feb 17 19:12:14 AEST 1988

>rcln.c(50) : Compiler error (internal):Infinite spill

It means something to the effect of "this line is to complex for me to compile,
please make it simpler."   It is likely to be a line containing pointers,
arrays and structures and the error is more likely to occur when using
larger compiler models (because the compiler has to generate more complex
code to cope with the offsets and stuff).  The workround is to split the
line up (perhaps using temporary variables to give the compiler less to
think about at one time.)  Note that in HUGE model, the lines that are barfed
can look remarkably simple.

>This error isn't in the documentation.

Have a rummage through your release notes and the "cc and ld error messages"
section.  I can't find it just now but I have read it before.

Andrew