PKARC

Scotty root at ozdaltx.UUCP
Thu Feb 25 05:10:34 AEST 1988

If you are using PKARC, you might give some serious
consideration to going back to the Standard ARC.  I talked
with Thom Henderson today of S E A who authored ARC and they
are getting complaints about PKARC not being system
compatable (backwards) with ARC.  PKARC is in violation of
S E A's copywrite.  Also the authors of PKARC won't release
the code so that it can be ported to other systems, (CPM,
*NIX, etc.)

The *occasional*  1-3% savings in compression is hardly
worth the problems caused by incompability.