Xenix Configuration and Configuration Limits

Peter Jeremy peter at stca77.stc.oz
Mon Jul 4 09:38:35 AEST 1988

Is Xenix Configuration documented anywhere?  Can anyone give me references
to some books?

Can anyone give me a reasonable explanation of what all the IPC
configuration options do?
MSGMNI and MSGTQL seem self-explanatory and seem to behave the way I
would expect from their brief descriptions.  My attempts to change the
other configuration values have generally not had the effect I expected.

I am runing SCO Xenix Release 2.2.1 on a 286.  Does anyone know of any ways
to increase the following parameters:
1) maximum number of open files (NFILE) (currently 400)
2) number of message queues (MSGMNI) (currently 40)
3) number of message headers (MSGTQL) (currently 100)
4) total number of bytes in message queues (currently 8192, but I don't
   know why)
Are these limits eased in the 386 version?
Peter Jeremy (VK2PJ)         peter%stca77 at stcns3.stc.oz
Alcatel-STC Australia        ...!munnari!stcns3.stc.oz!stca77!peter
41 Mandible St               peter%stca77 at stcns3.stc.oz@uunet.UU.NET
ALEXANDRIA  NSW  2015