Please remove PD-YACC sources from your machine IMMEDIATELY

Barnacle Wes wes at obie.UUCP
Sun Jul 17 18:40:57 AEST 1988

In article <99 at obie.UUCP> wes at obie.UUCP (Barnacle Wes) writes:
% Yes, most of the tools MKS produces are (debugged, well-ported) licensed
% versions of gin-yoo-ine AT&T products.

In article <142 at dcs.UUCP>, wnp at dcs.UUCP (Wolf N. Paul) writes:
> Would you mind stating the source of this information?
>
> According to a posting by Alex White of MKS a few weeks ago, the MKS Toolkit
> does not contain any AT&T source code; the tools are complete re-
> implementations rather than ports of UNIX tools.

You are right, I have been corrected on this.  The MKS programs are MKS'
unique implementations that faithfully implement the functionality of
the AT&T kits.  My source (to go un-named, he's even more embarrased than
I am) was actually speaking of a ksh from Aspen Software (I think -
after this I'm not going to stick m_y_ neck out again).

The point I made after this stupidity is still valid, however - the
original poster was asking about whether or not AT&T licensed their
software products for re-sale to markets other than Unix.  The answer is
yes they do.
--
                     {hpda, uwmcsd1}!sp7040!obie!wes
           "Happiness lies in being priviledged to work hard for