Please remove PD-YACC sources from your machine IMMEDIATELY

Charles Marslett chasm at killer.UUCP
Tue Jul 12 11:53:28 AEST 1988

In article <4765 at killer.UUCP>, richardh at killer.UUCP (Richard Hargrove) writes:
> It would seem that if AT&T were concerned about names and algorithms
> that they would have attempted to stop the MKS yacc distribution
> since a) the tool is named yacc, and b) it demonstrates a very high
> degree of compatibility with Unix yacc (implying that the underlying
> algorithm(s) are the same).

Actually, I seem to recall that the MKS version of yacc is in fact a
licensed port of the real AT&T yacc -- I do not remember why or who led
me to this belief, is there any contradictory (or supporting) information
out there to clear up the confusion?  That would clear up why AT&T is not
after them!

> richard hargrove

Charles Marslett
chasm at killer.UUCP