Please remove PD-YACC sources from your machine IMMEDIATELY

Wolf N. Paul wnp at dcs.UUCP
Tue Jul 12 22:35:56 AEST 1988

In article <4775 at killer.UUCP> chasm at killer.UUCP (Charles Marslett) writes:
>Actually, I seem to recall that the MKS version of yacc is in fact a
>licensed port of the real AT&T yacc -- I do not remember why or who led
>me to this belief, is there any contradictory (or supporting) information
>out there to clear up the confusion?  That would clear up why AT&T is not
>after them!

A couple of weeks ago Alex White, one of the officers of MKS, stated
categorically that NONE of the programs which make up the MKS toolkit
are ported, derived, or licensed from AT&T code. Since MKS YACC is part of
the Toolkit, this statement would seem to apply to it, too.

MKS RCS is licensed from Walter Tichy, and the MKS Text formatting package
(whose exact name I can't recall) is a repackaging from SoftQuad's DWB
port, and is thus licensed from AT&T, but neither of these are part of the
MKS Toolkit but are separately sold products.

Wolf Paul
UUCP:     killer!dcs!wnp                 ESL: 62832882
DOMAIN:   wnp at dcs.UUCP                   TLX: 910-380-0585 EES PLANO UD