C-ISAM(*) type isam-source & terminal interaction source wanted

Dave Levenson dave at westmark.UUCP
Sun Jul 17 22:17:56 AEST 1988

In article <371 at tolsun.oulu.fi>, reini at tolsun.oulu.fi (Jukka Reinikainen) writes:

> For a number of projects I need a PD or commercial isam-type indexed file
> system manipulation tools written in C...

Have a look at CBTREE.  This is a C-language library of B+tree index
and data handling functions.  It seems to provide the functionality
requested by the original poster (but I haven't done a checklist
comparison with the original article) and is sold as C source code.
As shipped, it can be built for MS-DOS (using any of a half-dozen or
so C compilers) or for Xenix.

Not public domain, but the source code license is not very expensive
(a couple of hundred, as I recall) and you may embed the object in
your product and re-sell it without royalties.

I'm not affiliated with Peacock.  Westmark has licensed their source
code, and we are in the process of porting some database
applications from Informix (costly, and perhaps overkill for this
application) to a home-grown database management system based upon
CBTREE.

--
Dave Levenson
Westmark, Inc.		The Man in the Mooney