Does anyone have a working '286 pathalias?

Jack F. Vogel jack at turnkey.TCC.COM
Sun Jul 24 08:16:10 AEST 1988

In article <333 at ateng.UUCP> chip at ateng.UUCP (Chip Salzenberg) writes:
>Several people have complained that their copies of pathalias for the '286
>have suddenly stopped working.  I am in the same boat.
>Does there exist in the world a set of pathalias sources for the '286 that
>can correctly process the latest world maps without dumping core?

Chip (and anyone else in need),

	You can obtain either working source or binary via anonymous uucp
from turnkey. This code was reworked by greg at gryphon.CTS.COM and it works
fine on the existing world maps. The public phone number for turnkey is
714-662-7450. Set up your Systems entry to send an initial return then
login as nuucp, no password. Callins at both 2400 and 1200 (sorry no
'blazer' at this point :-{. If you want just binary request "pathalias.Z"
The source archive is called "palias.tar.Z", it is ready to compile.
Finally, if you are curious about what else is available request the
file 'files' (anonymous logins cannot uux `ls` so don't waste your time).
Oh yes, naturally all the above are in the public directory.

					Best of luck,

--
Jack F. Vogel
Turnkey Computer Consultants, Costa Mesa, CA