386 questions

Weaver weave at ihlpf.ATT.COM
Thu Mar 31 23:53:35 AEST 1988

I'm searching for a 386 box to run Interactive Systems Unix. I plan
to do development in support of a law office running Interactive Systems
Unix on an AT&T 386 machine.

-What is an adequate configuration?  Interactive Systems recommends
>= 4 M of ram and >= 40 M hard disk.  Are their recommendations valid?

-How does Interactive's Unix compare (in price, performance, support etc)
with the Microport and Bell Technology versions, and with SCO Xenix for
that matter?  Would it make sense to do development on say Microport
Unix or SCO Xenix when my primary customer is using Interactive Unix?

-What is a good machine to buy?  Obviously, cost is a primary consideration.
Has anyone had experience with the Northgate or Quantus 386 machines?  Their
advertised prices are lower than most.

Thanks
Jim Weaver