IBM Extended Characters

John B. Meaders Jr. john at jclyde.UUCP
Thu Mar 31 17:07:07 AEST 1988

I would like to be able to print the IBM Extended Character set on my
printer.  However, I can't get Xenix to do it.  For test purposes I
have been 'echo \octal code for character'.  All that gets printed is
'\whatever the octal code was'.  I am running SCO Xenix V Rel 2.1.3.
I would also like to print Extended Characters on the screen.  The characters
that are important to me are the Greek characters, and the bullets and squares
(ie the upper 32 characters of the extended set).  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.
--
John B. Meaders, Jr.  1114 Camino La Costa #3083, Austin, TX  78752
ATT:  Voice:  +1 (512) 451-5038  Data:  +1 (512) 371-0550