VT100 emulator for PCs

William P. Reeder reeder at ut-emx.UUCP
Fri Mar 18 05:52:34 AEST 1988

In article <8434 at tut.cis.ohio-state.edu>, mdf at tut.cis.ohio-state.edu (Mark D. Freeman) writes:
> Personally, I use kermit.  However, I can't find any way to disable
> that screen rolling feature and let the PgUp and PgDn keys through to
> the host.
>
> Any ideas?
Sure, Kermit lets you redifine (almost) all of the keys on the keyboard.
Do the following:

1) at the "KERMIT-MS>" prompt type "show key" followed by a carriage return.
You will be asked to press a key, hit the PgUp key and you will be told
both the scan code for that key and the current string assigned to it, if
any.
2) type "set key scan <nn>" where <nn> is the scan code reported in step 1,
(again followed by a carriage return), you will be prompted for a string.
Type in the codes that you want that key to send.  Octal values can be
indicated by \ddd, where ddd is the octal value of the character.
3) repeat steps 1 and 2 for any other keys.

William {Wills,Card,Weekly,Virtual} Reeder	reeder at emx.utexas.edu

Scholars who study dinosaurs say there were some smart dinosaurs and lots
of stupid dinosaurs.  Those smart dinosaurs came along early, but in the
survival wars, please note, the stupid dinosaurs won.

DISCLAIMER:	I speak only for myself, and usually only to myself.