VT100 emulator for PCs

Edward Vielmetti emv at panchovilla.cc.umich.edu
Thu Mar 17 07:51:10 AEST 1988

In article <8434 at tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> mdf at tut.cis.ohio-state.edu (Mark D. Freeman) writes:

>I need a perfect VT100 emulator, to be used to run Microsoft Word and
>SCO Professional on an SCO XENIX system.  Crosstalk is either too slow
>or too stupid (I can't tell), and the first release of Mirror is not
>lots better.  MS-KERMIT 2.30 is good, but eats the page-up and
>page-down keys, which I need to implement for their intended use.

here's how you set up ms-kermit 2.30 to send out a unique code from the
page-up key.  I'll have it send out Hi, Mom as an example.

Kermit-MS>show key
Push key to be shown (? shows all): <pg up>
 Scan Code \329 decimail is defined as
 Verb: upscn  \Kupscn
 Free space: ...

Kermit-MS>set key \329 {Hi, Mom}
Kermit-MS>set key \329 {\27OZ}     send escape - O - Z

that should do you fine.