VT100 emulator for PCs

Mark D. Freeman mdf at tut.cis.ohio-state.edu
Thu Mar 17 02:54:00 AEST 1988

I need a perfect VT100 emulator, to be used to run Microsoft Word and
SCO Professional on an SCO XENIX system.  Crosstalk is either too slow
or too stupid (I can't tell), and the first release of Mirror is not
lots better.  MS-KERMIT 2.30 is good, but eats the page-up and
page-down keys, which I need to implement for their intended use.

The emulator I seek should be able to pass through unique codes for all
10 function keys, as well as all keys on the control pad (Home, End,
PgUp, PgDn, Ins, Del).  Yes, I know that a vt100 only has 4 function
keys.  However my client need to use all 10 to run his software the way
he's used to.

Personally, I use kermit.  However, I can't find any way to disable
that screen rolling feature and let the PgUp and PgDn keys through to
the host.

Any ideas?

--
Mark D. Freeman						  (614) 262-1418
					      mdf at tut.cis.ohio-state.edu
2440 Medary Avenue	   ...!cbosgd!osu-cis!tut.cis.ohio-state.edu!mdf
Columbus, OH  43202-3014      Guest account at The Ohio State University