VT100 emulator for PCs

Mark Dornfeld romwa at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu
Sat Mar 19 13:55:33 AEST 1988

I am using Procomm Plus with SCO Professional over a 2400 baud
modem line and the vt102 emulation has not failed.  Procomm
allows you to configure the function keys just about any way
you'd like, so you are able to get the complete vt102 keyboard
on the PC.

Alternatively, Persoft in Madison Wisconsin has the best vtxxx
emulators available on the commercial market.  ST240 emulates
vt100, vt220, vt240, Regis Graphics, and Tek 4015.  It's a big
program, so you may want to look at Persoft's Smartmove, a
vt100 emulator.  It's cheaper ($150 I think) and is very
solid.  All of their products support 132 column mode via
scrolling--something Procomm does not have.  This makes SCO
Professional look pretty good on a PC since the scrolling is
quick and locally controlled.

Mark T. Dornfeld
Royal Ontario Museum
100 Queens Park
Toronto, Ontario, CANADA
M5S 2C6

mark at utgpu!rom      - or -     romwa at utgpu