Mail error under UUCP

Carl S. Gutekunst csg at pyramid.pyramid.com
Sun Mar 13 06:31:29 AEST 1988

In article <725 at yabbie.rmit.oz> radjg at yabbie.rmit.oz (Jordan Green) writes:
>I am using a TI BusinessPro (286) running Xenix 2.2 equipped with a v22
>modem (1200baud).
>
>Whenever I am sent mail from another system it arrives here on gremlin (my
>machinename) and disappears into a black hole never to resurface.
>
>root merlin (3/9-9:57) jordan XQT DENIED (rmail jordan )
>root merlin (3/9-9:57) david XQT DENIED (rmail root )

Two possibilities:

- Make sure the command "rmail" is in your L.cmds file. (Hey, I know it's ob-
  vious, but I had to mention it.)

- Make sure your USERFILE is set up correctly to allow the execution daemon,
  uuxqt, to run. Somewhere in your USERFILE there must two lines to define the
  file access defaults, one with a blank machine name, and one with a blank
  login name, as in:

	nuucp,		/usr/spool/uucppublic
	,merlin		/usr/spool/uucppublic

  The line with the blank machine name defines (amongst other things) the file
  access permissions for uuxqt. If this line is missing, uuxqt will always
  return XQT DENIED. Note that on XENIX 2.2 UUCP, a single line like:

	,		/usr/spool/uucppublic

  will *not* do the job. You gotta have two lines, one to define each case.
  Even if they are:

	,		/usr/spool/uucppublic
	,		/usr/spool/uucppublic

<csg>