Mail error under UUCP

mic mic at altger.UUCP
Sun Mar 13 01:29:42 AEST 1988

In article <725 at yabbie.rmit.oz> radjg at yabbie.rmit.oz (Jordan Green) writes:
>root merlin (3/9-9:57) jordan XQT DENIED (rmail jordan )
>root merlin (3/9-9:57) david XQT DENIED (rmail root )

I think, there is something wrong with your USERFILE. Due to a bug (or is
it a feature ?) in the UUCP there must be at least one line with an empty
systemname and one (note, this must be on a different line) with an empty
username in the USERFILE, or uuxqt will not work.

For example:
anyusercode, /anydirectory
, anysystemname /anydirectory

will work, but:
, /anydirectory

or:
anyuserode,anystystem /anydir
, /anydir

will not work, because the two empty names are on the same line.
To be safe, use the default Userfile provided with your system.

	Michael