Multiple screens and terminals...

Andrew Beattie andrew at riddle.UUCP
Fri Mar 4 19:33:27 AEST 1988

>>System V supports shl layers which provide virtually the same functionality.
>>Shl layrers work on terminals and over dial-up lines.
>
>	I do not wish to sound unkind, but shl is a joke.

'round these parts, we use multiview to provide the kind of functionality
that you get on the console - it gives you windows onto different programs
and allows you to swap between them at will.  Dare I say that if you want
it then we can sell it to you (0628 75343).

Disclaimer: Most of the techies in my department use it and seem happy
with it but I don't bother because I have the console.