ansi cursor controls

Brian Chapman Mx321 chapman at sco.COM
Sat Mar 26 05:55:39 AEST 1988

In article <325 at ivory.SanDiego.NCR.COM> mike (Michael Lodman) writes:
< I am using SCO Xenix and I am trying to port some screen tools
< which use ansi escape sequences from DOS to Xenix. Unfortunately,
< Xenix console does not seem to support the sequence for save and
< restore cursor position. Is there a workaround or undocumented
< feature I could use  to do this?

Save and restore cursor are not defined by ANSI.
DOS uses "^[[s" and "^[[u" for save and restore cursor.
SCO Xenix uses "^[7" and "^[8" for the same funtionality.