Help! New owner of xenix need professional help!

Tim Evans tkevans at fallst.UUCP
Thu Nov 17 10:40:17 AEST 1988

In article <3700008 at eecs.nwu.edu>, skrenta at eecs.nwu.edu (Richard Skrenta) writes:
> So far I haven't found any reasonable way to use a modem both as dial in and
> dial out.

Version 2.2 (and, I assume, later ones as well) provide for bi-directional
use of the same com port.  It's well explained in the UUCP section of the
(I think) _User Guide_.  Basically, 'uucico' and 'cu' are smart enough
(when a port is "enabled" for login) to kill the getty and "disable" the
port whenever dialing out is initiated; getty is restarted once the call
is completed.  Works great.
--
UUCP:  ...!{rutgers|ames|uunet}!mimsy!aplcen!wb3ffv!fallst!tkevans
INTERNET:  fallst!tkevans at wb3ffv.ampr.org
OTHER: ...!attmail!fallst!tkevans
Tim Evans  2201 Brookhaven Court, Fallston, MD  21047   (301) 965-3286