VPIX (Re: DOS under Xenix)

Steve Neighorn neighorn at qiclab.UUCP
Thu Nov 10 17:50:04 AEST 1988

In article <2139 at ficc.uu.net> peter at ficc.uu.net (Peter da Silva) writes:
>Has anyone managed to run intel's MSNET OpenNET software and network
>card under VPIX? ISC doesn't think it's possible, but I've heard rumors
>it's been done.

It is possible to run an Intel etherlink card and OpenNET software under
a MSDOS window on a Sun 386i. The DOS emulation on the 386i is based on
VP/ix. This setup has been used as a bridge between TCP/IP and OpenNET,
a deed formerly thought beyond the realm of possibility.

Within the guidelines set by Sun, all the PC cards tried in the 386i
have worked, once they were configured correctly, and the hardware
information was placed in the correct files. This list of cards include
ethernet cards and VGA cards.
--
Steven C. Neighorn            !tektronix!{psu-cs,reed,nosun}!qiclab!neighorn
Intel Corporation            "Where we BUILD the Star Fighters that defend the