Funny floppy problems

tif at cpe.UUCP tif at cpe.UUCP
Fri Nov 4 02:56:00 AEST 1988

Written  7:30 pm  Nov  1, 1988 by csun.UUCP!cacsc222%mx in cpe:comp.unix.xenix
>A friend is READS 360K floppys in his 1.2M drive, and they become useless
>in a 360K drive (must be reformatted).

I hope it is painfully obvious that if we are talking about (for instance)
mount disks that reading a file causes a write to the disk (unless mounted
as read-only).  I would stifle my excitement until testing it with a
write-protect on the floppy to make sure that no WRITE is being done.

			Paul Chamberlain
			Computer Product Engineering, Tandy Corp.
			bellcore!motown!sys1!cpe!tif