Funny floppy problems

Richard Skrenta skrenta at eecs.nwu.edu
Fri Nov 4 09:33:09 AEST 1988

Are you reading the floppy under Dos or Xenix?  If you simply "dir"
a diskette under DOS, it shouldn't touch it at all.  If you're using
the Xenix "mount" command, however, I believe xenix writes stuff to the
floppy.  You can test this out by write-protecting your disk--I don't
think you'll be able to mount it.  In any case, if you've got a write
protect tab on your disk, nothing should be able to happen to it.  If
something does anyway, that's an evil drive.

Rich Skrenta