DOS under Xenix

Paul De Bra debra at alice.UUCP
Sun Nov 6 05:20:10 AEST 1988

In article <345 at fsc2086.UU.NET> jim at fsc2086.UU.NET (Jim O'Connor) writes:
>In article <238 at ispi.UUCP>, jbayer at ispi.UUCP (id for use with uunet/usenet) writes:
>> In article <52662 at neabbs.UUCP>, richard at neabbs.UUCP (RICHARD RONTELTAP) writes:
>> > [ DOS comm prgs under VP/ix ]
>> The final version of VP/IX corrects most problems I encountered with 1.0.
>> It also supports comm programs up to 2400 baud.
>
>In today's world of TB+ modems (and its similar companions in the 9600 baud
>world) are we really to consider 2400 to be a *reasonable* baud rate?

Yes.

In today's world of communication programs available under Unix (Xenix)
i think it is very reasonable when someone, who still insists to run a DOS
based communication program on top of Unix, still gets 2400 baud throughput.

There is a LOT of overhead involved in accessing devices, so you get what
you deserve.

Paul.