Help needed with setting batch filetransfer

Derek E. Terveer det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG
Thu Nov 17 01:32:32 AEST 1988

In article <724 at omen.UUCP>, caf at omen.UUCP (Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX) writes:
> In article <1711ANKGC at CUNYVM> ANKGC at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU writes:
> :I have been asked to set up a method by which my mentor may
> :transfer file to another machine (not Xenix) both interactively
> :and in a batch mode. [..]

Another possibility is the popular (?) public domain PCmail package (of which i
have a copy) that provides a few dos .EXEs that emulate the uucp protocol and
would allow your mentor's machine to be treated as a unix site, for the
purposes of the file transfers.  Then, you could simply:

$ uuto files mentor!hislogin

Of course, this won't work for interactive down loads, but you could leave his
site on overnight in a polling mode to pick up files from your site.

derek
--
Derek Terveer		det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG
			w(612)681-6986	h(612)688-0667

"A proper king is crowned" -- Thomas B. Costain