Help needed with setting batch filetransfer

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX caf at omen.UUCP
Tue Nov 15 09:20:38 AEST 1988

In article <1711ANKGC at CUNYVM> ANKGC at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU writes:
:I have been asked to set up a method by which my mentor may
:transfer file to another machine (not Xenix) both interactively
:and in a batch mode. The modems he has are a V.22 (???) and a hayes
:compatible. I do not know SCO Xenix and do not know what popular
:communications program are available. I do not want to reinvent the
:wheel if someone could send me examples of how to tackle the problem.
:
:The machine is a 386 Clone, and it runs SCO Xenix. Any pointers and
:advice on how communications are handled between Xenix and non-UNix
:will be helpful.

The rz/sz programs posted from time to time on the net support XMODEM,
YMODEM, and ZMODEM file transfers between Unix/Xenix systems and
micros calling into them.  YMODEM and ZMODEM are batch protocols
which support an arbitrary number of files per command.  ZMODEM is
best in terms of reliability and features (selective transfers,
crash recovery, etc.)

Omen Technology provides comms software for PCDOS and Unix/Xenix
that support X/Y/ZMODEM file transfers.

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX          ...!tektronix!reed!omen!caf
Author of YMODEM, ZMODEM, Professional-YAM, ZCOMM, and DSZ
  Omen Technology Inc    "The High Reliability Software"
17505-V NW Sauvie IS RD   Portland OR 97231   503-621-3406
TeleGodzilla BBS: 621-3746   CIS: 70007,2304    Genie: CAF