Swapping a 386 motherboard into a 286

id for use with uunet/usenet jbayer at ispi.UUCP
Sun Oct 16 03:53:14 AEST 1988

In article <287 at serene.CTS.COM>, rfarris at serene.CTS.COM (Rick Farris) writes:
. In article <215 at ispi.UUCP> jbayer at ispi.UUCP writes:
. ~In article <279 at serene.CTS.COM>, rfarris at serene.CTS.COM (Rick Farris) writes:
. ~~
. ~~     If I just swap the motherboards, will 286 Xenix boot and run with no
. ~~     problems on the 386?  That would be really peachy, because then I could
. ~~     install the 386 version of Xenix over the top of the 286 version, and my
. ~~     spool directories, and user stuff would still be intact.
. ~~
. ~
. ~The summary says it all. [It said "286 xenix runs on a 386"]
. ~
. ~Jonathan Bayer
.
. Yes, but once I get the 386 motherboard installed, the plan is to upgrade
. to 386 xenix.  Will it read my 286 style harddisks?
.
. Hey SCO!  Are you listening?  Will this work?

Yes.  SCO has an upgrade from 286 to 386, and it will be able to read the current
drives.

Jonathan Bayer
Intelligent Software Products, Inc.