Swapping a 386 motherboard into a 286

Rick Farris rfarris at serene.CTS.COM
Thu Oct 13 13:37:48 AEST 1988

In article <215 at ispi.UUCP> jbayer at ispi.UUCP writes:
~In article <279 at serene.CTS.COM>, rfarris at serene.CTS.COM (Rick Farris) writes:
~~
~~     If I just swap the motherboards, will 286 Xenix boot and run with no
~~     problems on the 386?  That would be really peachy, because then I could
~~     install the 386 version of Xenix over the top of the 286 version, and my
~~     spool directories, and user stuff would still be intact.
~~
~
~The summary says it all. [It said "286 xenix runs on a 386"]
~
~Jonathan Bayer

Yes, but once I get the 386 motherboard installed, the plan is to upgrade
to 386 xenix.  Will it read my 286 style harddisks?

Hey SCO!  Are you listening?  Will this work?

Rick Farris            rfarris at serene.cts.com     voice         (619) 259-6793
POB M                          KCBIW              public access       259-7757
Del Mar CA 92014      ...!uunet!serene!rfarris    serene.uucp         259-3704