Xenix 2.2.2 cron/crontab not working

Clarence Dold cdold at starfish.Convergent.COM
Wed Oct 26 14:11:37 AEST 1988

>From article <219 at ISIDAPS5.UUCP>, by mike at ISIDAPS5.UUCP (Mike Maloney):
> Has anyone else had problems getting the Xenix 2.2.2 (I'm running on
> a NEC Powermate 386) crontab to work?  My situation is as follows:
> [...]
> 4. cron is indeed running.  I see it on the 'ps'.
Perhaps you need to kill cron, and restart it.
Certain versions of SysV stopped periodic readings of the crontab
files in the interest of system performance.
--
---
Clarence A Dold - cdold at starfish.Convergent.COM         (408) 435-5274