/usr/lib/uucp/uucico ignores LCK.. files

Thomas Hameenaho thomas at uplog.se
Thu Oct 13 22:37:54 AEST 1988

In article <171 at libove.UUCP> root at libove.UUCP (Jay M. Libove) writes:

text deleted
>While I am using it manually, if a cron job comes up that calls
>/usr/lib/uucp/uucico, the LCK.. file in /usr/spool/uucp/ will be ignored
>and I will get the modem commands being fired out on the line while I
>am connected over it! As yet, this has beena nuisance, but I suppose it
>stands to be damaging eventually.

Some uucp:s (BSD among others) use a directory for lock files.
The lock file would in that case be /usr/spool/uucp/LCK/ttyxx.

If that is your problem either recompile kermit or attack the binary with
emacs (or any other editor that can handle binary files) and substitute
/usr/spool/uucp/LCK.. with /usr/spool/uucp/LCK/^@.(The ^@ is a null character).
--
Real life:	Thomas Hameenaho		Email:	thomas at uplog.{se,uucp}
Snail mail:	TeleLOGIC Uppsala AB		Phone:	+46 18 189406