/usr/lib/uucp/uucico ignores LCK.. files

Roger A. Cornelius rac at jc3b21.UUCP
Thu Oct 13 13:15:49 AEST 1988

>From article <8XIceSy00Uo141M0UZ at andrew.cmu.edu>, by jl42+ at andrew.cmu.edu (Jay Mathew Libove):
< Oops!
<
< I posted about a problem with uucico ignoring
< extant lock files... BUT my lock file was for
< /dev/tty1a and the modem device is /dev/tty1A
< ...
<
< hee hee
<
< Unfortunately I can't get kermit to go out on
< the tty1A line, even though that is the modem
< control device!
<
< Anyone know how to get tty1A to let you talk
< out to the modem, and carry on a regular
< conversation via the modem?
<

In my reply to your original posting, I talked about using cu.  I've
since tried using kermit, (which won't use the uppercase modem port
here either), and uucico does remove the lockfile, but then dies
without disturbing my connection.  I always use the uppercase tty
version when dialing out with cu with no problems.  I have modified
my "dial" program for use with an error correcting - compressing modem,
but that shouldn't make a difference since dial is only invoked to do
the actual dialing.  I'm using kermit 4E070 here also.

Roger Cornelius