/usr/lib/uucp/uucico ignores LCK.. files

John Owens john at jetson.UPMA.MD.US
Thu Oct 13 09:40:41 AEST 1988

In article <8XIceSy00Uo141M0UZ at andrew.cmu.edu>, jl42+ at andrew.cmu.edu (Jay Mathew Libove) writes:
> Unfortunately I can't get kermit to go out on
> the tty1A line, even though that is the modem
> control device!

> Anyone know how to get tty1A to let you talk
> out to the modem, and carry on a regular
> conversation via the modem?

Here's what I do under SCO 2.2:

/usr/lib/uucp/ungetty /dev/tty1A

kermit -l /dev/tty1a ....

/usr/lib/uucp/dialHA24 -h /dev/tty1A 2400

uucp won't dialout on the line after the ungetty, since it puts the
"DIALOUT" entry in utmp.  The dial -h (use whichever dial program is
appropriate: see L-devices) both resets the modem nicely and does an
ungetty -r to restart the getty.

Good luck!
--
John Owens		john at jetson.UPMA.MD.US		uunet!jetson!john
+1 301 249 6000		john%jetson.uucp at uunet.uu.net